Completed mile 841.34 today. Slightly ahead of schedule to finish the 1000 on-time. My shoes are starting to break down. I can tell because my back is starting to hurt after runs. This is disappointing because these shoes only have 315 miles on them. I switched to Asics when I couldn't find my favorite shoes. I miss the Nike Lunar Glides- but I guess I was only getting around 400 miles on the LG, too.
There is some super exciting stuff happening at my church. It feels like a grassroots movement towards authenticity. This is important because the church can't act like the church (i.e. love people) if people aren't able to be honest and real about themselves- including their hurts, habits, and hang-ups. I think we are learning to suppress our natural urge to recoil when people share gut-wrenching, visceral hurts from their lives because they make us uncomfortable. We don't know what to say. We are supposed to be living "victoriously," right? So what do we do when somebody is really struggling? Part of the reason we don't feel equipped to love people during messy times is because everyone is conditioned to be a total poser at church. We are cultivating a community where it is okay to acknowledge problems. I heart it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment