Friday, November 22, 2013

Day 326

The end is in sight!

Today I tried to run through some leg pain. I think maybe I strained a calf (or is it calve?) muscle on Thursday. It was a bit lower than leg issues I've had before and I found if I altered my stride a little bit and slowed down I could keep running. I ended up putting in four 9-min miles after the injury yesterday with my "penguin stride" and another three 9-min miles this morning before the pain started moving around in my legs. Of course, the un-injured leg started hurting too because I'm overcompensating.

::sigh::

So I find myself at 905.63 miles. I have a little time to play with, but not much. I am planning to rest and ice this weekend and give it another go early next week. Sucky, because I love running.

But the end is near, and I had a taste of it when I crossed mile 900 yesterday. Only 100 miles to go and over 40 days to get there!

No comments: