Thursday, January 29, 2009

beluga

Yesterday Ian told me, "I'm getting tired of you, Dad." I'm not sure if he was trying to be mean or if he was just being honest. His latest "game" is the one where he echoes everything you say to him. He thinks this is HILARIOUS. Joy, not so much. Evidently Joy is a bit tired herself- because this morning Ian got soap put in his mouth for echoing (after numerous reminders and warnings). I have no personal experience with the liquid hand soap- but my observations lead me to conclude that just because it smells fruity doesn't mean it tastes fruity! I think we may have seen the last of echo for a while.

But I've been tired, too. Today I swam a mile. That's 36 times down and back in the Nampa Rec Center pool. I kept looking for Ahab to throw a spear at my chubby whiteness. Being tired after swimming is very different from other types of tiredness/soreness. It feels like an evil scientist sucked out my life force. Maybe that's just the sum of my life these days? I'm not sleeping well. And I can barely remember what the sun looks/feels like. But I am noticing the sun coming up earlier and earlier and staying up later and later. I love those neverending summer days.

I've been training with a friend who is into triathlons. Last Sunday I swam about .5 miles, biked 10 miles, and ran 2 miles. We're going to do it again this weekend- we'll see if I can improve my times.

No comments: