Saturday, January 31, 2009

Training

Did another triathlon today.
Swam .50 miles in 18:04
Biked 10 miles in 30:34
Ran 4 miles in 35:34

It felt great. Not an amazing time by anyone's standards...but it is a starting place. Of note: my fourth mile was my fastest by 35 seconds. I'll keep working in my techniques and I think that will help my times alot. Of course, getting in better shape and losing weight will help, too. Here's to hoping these rickety old ankles can hold up...

3 comments:

lynn halsey said...

You are amazing! Remember when I did the running portion of a triathlon? Uncle Dick swam, Sherri Wilson biked, and I ran. We were the "Slugs from Outer Space" and I think we finished second from last!
Sorry I'm about to say it again but I can no longer control it:
I'm so proud of you!

joy said...

impressed, proud, and thankful to have such a special man.

grammasnotes said...

Goal setting, tenacity, example, reaching higher, reflecting, -- all traits of a great dad and husband. You're not only building for your own well being, but for the future of your sons as well. Great role model. KIU