Running is going okay- I covered 11.3 miles this morning. Conditions were windy (as in blowing, not meandering). And it felt uphill both ways?? I burned over 2300 calories. I'm realizing the importance of fueling before this kind of an outing- I can't very well eat 2000 calories before I run unless I want to barf. But after about 60 minutes of running I start feeling weak.
Another problem is my dang feet and ankles. After countless sprains of varying degrees of severity my ankles are good for one thing: predicting rainy weather. They ache when it rains! And lately I've been having severe pain in my arches, right in front of my heel. My fear is that this is Plantar Fascitis. I've been looking into Plantar Fascia problems and I am a human checklist of risky behaviors...running on hills? Check. Increasing frequency/intensity of training? Check. Overweight? Check. Wearing older/worn out shoes? Check.
My beloved wife mercifully let me buy some new shoes: the Nike Lunarglide +2. Let me just say, these are the most incredible running shoes I've ever worn. They are remarkably light and yet they feel like pillows underneath my feet- even when lumbering down a steep hill. I literally took them out of the box and ran 11 miles this morning! No break in, no blisters, no problems. I hope they are durable- I'm probably going approaching 100 miles this month...
The next exciting piece of news is that I am "taking over" as a van captain for a 2011 Hood to Coast Relay team! I ran this race last August and posted a couple blogs about it- it was a great time when I ran it and I did it with a group of strangers off Craigslist. This year I am allowed to pick my own group of runners so I'll be doing it with people I love, including my smokin' fast runner wife. If you thought she was a trophy wife before, wait til she actually wins a trophy for being such an efficient runner! She gets it from her Dad (the running, not the beauty!) because he's a beast of a runner as well. Life is good- I'll keep you posted about the HTC training.
Time to go, I have a date to watch "Back to The Future" with my boys...
Peace!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
REI has some great insert soles for shoes. Great for arch support. One of my doctors I work for sends all of our athletes with foot, knee, and back pain from running there to get the insoles. They are about $34. I've gotten them and they've worked for me. Well worth it I think.
Just a thought.
My sister-in-law is doing HTC. I told her about your stories from last year. She's excited.
And yes, your wife is an amazing lady! I'm sure you guys will have a lot of fun with HTC together. :)
Miss ya all.
STOP BY OUR HOUSE FOR SOME DRINKS DURING HTC!! We are right on the way :)
Post a Comment