Friday, September 20, 2013

Big things

Big things are brewing. I know that big things usually happen incrementally- but in the past weeks I have seen barriers eradicated. Once insurmountable obstacles have been crushed before me- inviting to me to simply walk into situations that previously seemed totally impossible. Mainly, my church is expressing interest in hosting a counseling clinic. That is a big, big deal.

There are people hurting in our church. Lots of them. Often times they suffer silently, shamefully, and alone. Sometimes I see them and I see their suffering. Is it possible that one in five women in America will use anti-depressant medications? How many of our woman carry deep heartache? How many of our men battle pornography addiction? Gender identity issues? Sexual orientation issues? Check. Check. Check. These struggles are happening right in our atrium. And soon, God willing, the Church will extend love and help to everyone. EVERYONE. To be a part of that is an amazing blessing. To be in on the ground floor of a grassroots type movement to include, to support, and to love everyone in a place that has felt so exclusionary to so many people for so long- that is incredible!

Big things are brewing!

I'm still racking up miles wherever I can. I'm at 735+ on the year and about 15 miles ahead of pace for the 1000 mile goal. I hope for a big total in October- because it is getting cold, fast!


       

2 comments:

Whitney said...

So excited for you! For the church! For the broken people this will help bring into restorative love. Praying for details and all that is to come!

And great job plugging through your running! Sometimes I'll read your blog to motivate myself to get out for another training run. Marathon in 9 days!

Melissa said...

What a great opportunity! :)