Tuesday, February 18, 2014

February 18, 2014

Still putting in work! I lifted today and then ran 5 miles. I ran the first three miles very casually at a leisurely 9:00/mi. pace before picking it up for the final two miles. I finished the last two miles in 14:40 for a blistering 7:20/mi. pace. That's really fast for me. It's unusual for me to dip below 8:30's and live to tell the story.

I feel strong. I've taken in another belt by one notch. My body composition is changing more and more. I'm doing extra sets, adding weights, and running faster than I have since college. It feels good.

I'm also noticing changes in my eating. When I eat junk food I feel junky. I feel heavier and bogged down when I have bad food in my stomach. It changes the way everything feels. I can seriously tell the difference. It's significant enough to begin to influence the choices I make when I eat...

Life is good. Spring is coming, right? Right?...::gulp::

No comments: