On a serious note...
Not long ago I was praising the Lord for a series of miracles that have befallen my "small group." As I recounted each of several truly miraculous happenings I realized, "You know, everyone in this group- every single one of us, has been the recipient of a miracle- except me."
So I began to feel sorry for myself. I wondered where my miracle was. Silly, right? But God was doing really incredible things for everyone around me. And recently I've been working really hard to make Him bigger and me smaller. I've never worked harder at using my spiritual gifts and getting in the word every day. Okay, almost every day. Doesn't that entitle me to anything? And then I had an idea. It was profound and it came in a flash.
God's presence in my life, in spite of everything I've done, in spite of all the times I haven't been faithful, is enough of a miracle. Actually, it's as big (or bigger) than any of the amazing miracles I've recently witnessed. You see, God's presence in my life has been transforming me. I'm still a work in progress, and I always will be. But in the last few months God has been very real to me. And for the first time, rather than resist the changes this necessitates, I'm welcoming them. And I'm happy. PTL.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I'm so proud of you and I thank God daily for everything he's done for us and in us. You are such an amazing man.
Other miracles in your life: Walking away from a horrible car crash; marrying Joy; having 2 incredible, wonderful little boys; and the fact that you and Peff didn't kill each other as kids.
Post a Comment