One great thing about my wife is that she accepts me as I am. Fears, worries, prejudices, and all. She accepts every part- even the bad. Armed with this understanding, I returned home from my workout determined to be honest about the face off.
I told her everything that happened- even how my irrational fear crippled me and I allowed Templeton II (T2) to escape my grasp. Her reaction didn't surprise me: she was frustrated that I was so weak, but gracious and understanding after a few minor zingers about my manhood. I went out to show her exactly where he had been. To my shock, T2 was still frozen in the exact same spot, over 2 hours later! I couldn't believe it!
I sent in Lieutenant Joy for some reconnaisance. She returned with an olive branch: T2 was actually stuck to a glue trap! He'd fought the trap and wrestled to get free and managed to wedge himself between a shelf and some extra flooring. The trap was stuck, and T2 was totally exhausted from the struggle! Then it dawned on me: my sneak attack may have catalyzed T2's entrapment! I'd shocked him, and in his attempt to flee he stumbled onto a glue trap! A child-proof glue trap!
Farewell, worthy adversary. And until next time, all mice be forewarned.
RIP Templeton II ("T2")
3 comments:
PS
Ran 11.5 miles today- including hills (okay, ran ten and walked 1.5) in just about 2hours.
Way to go Jeremy on both accounts. I just hope PETA doesn't storm you house.
Good job!
I hate mice. Once I was staying in a friend's 5-wheel/motorhome, thing, and woke in the darkness to fling a mouse off of my head. They lived in the country on a ranch. Ughh!!! My skin still crawls with the memory.
Happy hunting in the future!
Okay, so what emotional trauma could you have suffered at as a child to bring on this mouse phobia? Was it the time you locked eyes with the mouse in the dining room drawer and screamed like a banshee? Let's see....you were about 16 if I remember right...no, it couldn't have been that. Perhaps, considering my fear of fish and Ian's nightmares about the Gingerbread Man, it's rooted in some latent genetic compromise...keep fighting, mighty warrior...never give up!
Post a Comment