Tuesday, September 29, 2009

29

Once, I aspired to headline your dreams;
to be your star, the one you desired.
Juvenile, yes. Wrong, no.
Times have changed, I know.

Now I hold a different dream:
to be able to hold off your nightmares. Or,
at least, to be able to hold you and
during the worst of times to stay true.
And if I have a shred of strength left,
that I spend it on holding on to you.

That will be my reward,
for any good thing I've ever done.
That is my pot of gold, the
prize that I have won.

And (just so you know) I
don't plan to hold back- to
save anything for that final chance.
Because now I know, the best of me
is what is yours. This is your prize:
in that final hold, to see the depth of our love
through portals in my eyes.

No comments: