::sigh::
Rest day. Yesterday I ran a difficult 8miles on the farm with Farmer Andy and Dr. Jeff. I was in a surly mood and didn't enjoy the run as much as usual. My knee is still swollen (after 4 days of rest) and this morning I woke up to even more swelling despite ice, anti-inflammatory meds, and elevating the knee all night. It feels like it has extra fluid in there that hampers my flexibility and makes me feel awkward when I move. It sucks- I was hoping a few days of rest would remedy the problem.
So I was already feeling down in the dumps when I saw the news that somebody detonated "bombs" at the finish of the Boston Marathon today. Who targets athletes? Who targets runners? What gives?? It's so bizarre. The Boston Marathon is an international race! There are runners and supporters from all over the world in Boston today. I just don't understand it.
I haven't heard anyone use the ridiculous argument that firearm supporters love to use: "guns don't kill people, people kill people!" I am just waiting for someone to say, "Bombs and explosions don't kill people...people kill people." Well guess what: today there are a bunch of people who lost life/limb who would argue with that reasoning (as well there should be). I found myself antagonizing a co-worker who is a gun-enthusiast. I know something is wrong when I find myself looking for conflict. Usually it finds me and I try to avoid it.
I'm heavy-hearted about all these things today. I'm worried about the quest for 1000. I can't just let it end, can I? But I don't know how much more wear & tear my knee will tolerate. It's worse today, because when events like these transpire I want all the more to hit the road and be alone with my thoughts. And being alone with my thoughts while sitting around is nothing like being alone with my thoughts while running...
To be continued...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I believe in you. You'll hit 1,000. :)
Post a Comment