I realized that we're 8 days into May. This year is nearly half over with! Time flies. I feel old when I think about the passage of time. The other day I was doing parenting skills training with a father-to-be that is young enough to be my son. Think about that- pretty crazy.
Today I ran another 6.10 miles. Went out with Justin the paramedic and ran some rolling hills on rural country roads. We started out way too fast but leveled out after two miles and ran steady.
Today I wondered about running as a form of therapy. I mean that literally- I contemplated what would happen if I could take my counseling sessions out for 2-3 miles runs instead of sitting in my office. I know for sure it would help with some of the boys with hyperactivity. I also know it would help me with some of the boys who fart in my office all the time! Sometimes getting active helps provide clarity. Sometimes being active is the solution. Sometimes it just helps take the edge off.
I'm reading a biography on Dietrich Boenhoeffer. He gave a sermon/speech in Germany two days after Hitler came to power. (He did a lot of amazing things and I'm inspired by what I'm reading.) An element of the sermon that was prescient was his condemnation of idolatry. He wasn't specifically talking about Hitler becoming a "God" in Germany, but many people have given him credit for doing so. Whether he knew what was coming with Hitler or not- his point was solid and biblically sound: our only hope is in the grace of Jesus Christ.
I hope I don't sound like I'm worshipping running. Actually, I realize that I DO sound like I'm worshipping running. What I hope is that the few of you who read this see and understand that running is NOT the most important thing in my life. I love running and it helps me stay sane. But it is absolutely not a replacement for my faith in God, or God's grace in my life! 'nuff said!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment