Ran a leisurely 6.82 with Travis this morning. Saw some ducks acting stupid. Is there a dumber creature than the duck? They simply refuse to yield to cars. I have seen multiple ducks dead in the same area- don't they see their buddies getting killed and think: "Maybe we should get back over to the lake?" It's not as if we don't have any rural areas around here that would be perfect for ducks. But no, these ducks seem to prefer the placid serenity of 12th avenue! What gives??
Got to 353.34 on the year. Swelling in knee is subsiding with lots of ice and anti-inflammatories. Hope my liver and kidneys still work when I'm done with this! I got some new shoes- "Merrell Bare Access 2." These are introductory "minimalist" shoes, which means they have less cushion than piece of paper! The idea is to correct my gait and eliminate "heel striking" when I plant my feet. I'm wearing the shoes today (which violates my rule about walking in running shoes) but I figured I should get my feet used to this abuse as much as possible. And I reasoned that since the shoes don't have any cushion in the first place there should be any uneven wear.
Feeling blessed today. The sun is out. It's Friday. Only one more week until the Famous Potato Half marathon. I think a PR is out of teh question due to misc. leg problems and possibly due to overtraining. But we have a massive carbohydrate extravaganza planned for teh night before the race and I'm greatly looking forward to that. I may not beat anyone in the race, but I am the undisputed champion of the galaxy when it comes to consuming carbohydrates. And, to be honest, the running is the worst part of being a runner. The people, the events, and the sense of community are by far the best!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment