Did anybody else catch the sunsrise this morning? UNBELIEVABLE. Brilliant pinks couched in emerging blues. It was marvelous.
I'm coming down with a cold. This is bad timing, because I just signed up to run the Nampa Rec Center indoor triathlon this Saturday. Hopefully my sinuses can overcome this cold before Saturday. I ran 3 9-minute miles this morning- I could have gone father and/or faster but was afraid to push it when fighting off a cold.
I've been trying to find a "pick me up," to cope with feeling under the weather (and, actually being under our weather). I'm making more of an effort to relish in small victories and take in beautiful moments. Sort of a "stop and smell the roses" mindset. Probably why I really appreciated the sunrise this morning (or maybe it was the cold medicine?)
I also really appreciated Ian this morning. He's into a new kick where he wants to be EXACTLY like me. He had a minor meltdown this morning because I was wearing white shoes. At first, I thought he was being fashion-forward and warning me that it was way past Labor Day. But I realized he was upset because mine were white and his weren't. He wanted to emulate me in every way- right down to eating the same food in the same place at the same time! Evidently I am the coolest thing since sliced bread to him right now.
It was annoying, and inconvenient to deal with when I didn't feel good. But a voice of wisdom told me that these days, and these moments, are numbered. I won't always be his hero. I won't always even be tolerable to him, probably. But today, despite my head cold, I was much cooler than Thomas the Train, Spiderman, and Mr. Incredible. I am my son's hero this morning. And that is just the pick me up I needed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
You'll be his hero for a lot longer than you or even he will realize. It is much more than skin deep.
You are one of my heroes!
I think you're a turd.
Post a Comment