Monday, February 23, 2009

I'm seeing some of the telltale signs of Spring. Birds are chirping, the days are getting longer, and plants are starting to grow.

Yesterday I was able to run outside for the first time in months. We went out to the Robie Creek course and ran the first few miles. Man, that thing is UPHILL. It's not unlike the roads leading up to Bogus Basin. But the uphill wasn't too horrible- I made it to mile 3 before I turned around. It was the downhill that really frightened me. The jarring on the way down really hurt my feet and ankles. I'm not sure how I'm supposed to run on those steep downhills- do you stride out? Lean back? Lean forward? At least breathing on the way down was easy. I ended up running about 7 miles. I don't think my muscles were even sore yet when I went to spinning class this morning. But my legs are feeling tired now. And I think I need new shoes.

It was nice to be outside. The Boise foothills are a wonderful place to run. I think next time I might take Gunner with me. There were lots of people and their dogs out there. He wouldn't require training to be pulling me up that hill, I'm sure.

No comments: