Somebody smart made a comment about graduation speeches being endured rather than remembered. That was the truth. I can't remember anything about any graduation speech I've ever heard. The common denominator is the thought when will this torture end? I actually evaded graduation this year. While my wife sat in misery I enjoyed a six mile run on the Robie Creek Course. Somebody needed to be transported to the airport = sweet reem!
::Sigh:: Speaking of reems, I am absolutely convinced we have another mouse in our garage. I have seen droppings in the garage- copious droppings. Where the hell are all these mice coming from? The only possible explanations are as follows:
1) This house was built upon a massive colony of mice. They are filtering up through my crawl space. This remains the strongest possibility at this point. (NOTE: I am looking for brave volunteers to enter my crawl space equipped with a flame thrower and address this matter).
2) The mice are being planted by a mean-spirited neighbor. This notion has some legs- particularly because I recently confronted my neighbor for tying his dog to my fence- damaging a section of the fence. This neighbor is possibly the worst neighbor ever. Think The 'Burbs.
3) I have finally lost my mind for good. There are no mice. The stress of my life emerges victorious- having run my psyche aground once and for all. Easily the simplest explanation- but probably unlikely.
I'll have to keep you posted on this situation. I'm coping steadily. I almost took pictures of the evidence- but figured you didn't need pics of mouse poop. Ok, ok, and I was too scared to get close enough to it.
But there is good news! Ian scored 4 goals in his soccer game yesterday!! A budding equalist, Ian contributed two goals to each team. I couldn't have been prouder. Seriously though, each of Ian's goals included him dribbling the length of the field through multiple defenders. On two of the goals, Ian bent down and slapped the ball with hand to get it away from his opponents. He just continued playing and so everyone else went chasing after him. Crazy like a fox!
1 comment:
Yes, Ian's a chip off the old block for sure...I remember a tow-headed little guy about 25 years ago dribbling the ball sideways off the field into the sunset...the game stopped, everyone calling for him to return to the field. But oh, how we praised him for his dribbling skills! Never mind he was 1/4 mile away before he stopped.
Post a Comment