Yesterday I ran solo. I haven't run solo in a long time- it was actually kind of nice. I set my own pace and didn't have to keep my music volume down low enough to hear anyone. None of my energy went to conversation. I didn't PR, but I didn't try to. I am pretty sure I could have smashed my PR because I ran comfortably throughout and ended not far off pace.
I'm at 598.76 on the year. I've only logged 70.25 this month- triple digits are still within reach but it'll be a stretch. The new shoes are working well- no more lower back pain and no leg pain lately (knock on wood).
Today I ran with Travis. It was a slow, chatty run. We talked about our small groups, about leadership, and about the Holy Spirit. Everybody should have a Travis. We serve as sounding boards for one another. Today he gave me some really important feedback and challenged me to deal with a difficult situation in a Christlike manner. Difficult situations help us grow. They hurt and they suck, but they are important. Sometimes Travis and I slow each other down on the road- but I know we sharpen one another during the other 23 hours of the day. It's a good trade.
It sounds insane to say this already, but I'm eager to run in some cooler temps. (Not beanie and gloves cool, but cooler than melt your shoes on the pavement).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment