Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Day 212

Another 6.74 miles in the bank. Today I ran with Justin the paramedic. I didn't realize how fast Justin is! We ran our last half mile at 7:20pace and I still couldn't catch him. I looked ahead at him and he appeared to be sauntering along in a halfhearted homerun trot. That inspires me and it pisses me right off. I'll never be fast like that.

I'll never be fast like that. Based on the BMI I am "obese." I don't feel obese. I don't think of myself as obese. Could an obese person run 13 miles in 2 hours? If I'm obese, then yes! One thing that makes running so good is that it quickly squashes my innate desire to compete with others and compare myself to others. I can run a mile in 7 minutes. A few years ago I almost killed myself trying to finish a mile under 10 minutes.

I took my boys fishing last night. We caught a bunch of tiny little bluegill. They looked pretty decent in my sons' hands. They looked like sardines in my hands. The kids were happy. I was happy. Life is good.

No comments: