Monday, August 12, 2013

Day 224

August is off to a slow start. My training partners have been injured, out of town, or too lazy to run. I've been lazy, too. This weekend I ran 6.39 on Sunday and 7.25 this morning. I'm up to 32 miles on the month and I'll have to keep a pretty hectic schedule to stay on pace for the 1000. I've been debating whether it's worth it...it seems like a meaningless, insignificant pursuit sometimes. Who really cares if I hit 1000?

I care about it. I set out to do something big- to stretch my limits and test myself. I think these doubts are part of the test. Besides, on my run yesterday I had some really awesome prayer time. There's an epic, monumental undertaking that has been overwhelming and impossible to me for a long time. And yesterday things started brewing again and it seems like some new life could be breathed into a dream I'd basically left for dead. With God, all things are possible. The trick now is making sure this is actually God at work and not me just being stubborn and attributing my own aspirations to the Divine. Time should tell. I will continue to "set my fleece" and be prepared to obey.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Not very long ago you sent this to me, "Don't give up. Don't ever give up. The hardest things we endure are usually the most important in shaping us."

Don't stop. You seem to be discovering things about yourself and your life.

Keep going.

Joy said...

Proud of you in so many ways.