Monday, August 19, 2013

Day 231

Another 13+ miles logged over the weekend. Back to school for the kids tomorrow- we'll see if that makes it harder to get runs.

I wanted to make a note about the wildfires in Idaho. There is a massive fire threatening the Sun Valley resort area. There are multi-million dollar homes in the Sun Valley area. Many celebrities and super-rich people own vacation homes in Sun Valley. I heard the insurance companies are hiring their own firefighting crews and engineers to protect these homes so they can avoid multi-million dollar claims. I am not sure how I feel about this, but I think I feel angry and disturbed. Thousands of acres of wilderness are burned up and the insurance companies do nothing. But when a claim is on the horizon the companies spring into action and dispense resources. It's messed up. I hate the concept of insurance.




No comments: