I'm getting stronger and slowly losing weight. I have a looooong way to go until I am bench pressing my weight, but I still think it could be a realistic goal for this year. So far I haven't added much weight to my resistance training but I feel stronger and I am increasing the number of repetitions I complete. I'm finding my strength is slowly building to a point where it lasts long enough to complete all the reps.
I'm running much less. But I'm also running stronger. This weekend I ran an even 6.0 miler at Farmer Andy's. I've been assigned a very difficult hill climb for the Ragnar Relay in July so I decided to embrace running on hills. I find if I psych myself up before I hit the hill it seems to help. Yesterday I found myself running way too fast uphill and actually enjoying it. It was a fast 10K (8:40's) but I felt I could have gone faster.
Watched some football this weekend and witnessed one of the most deplorable acts of poor sportsmanship I've seen in a long, long time. I hope sportsmanship isn't a dying art. Many of the fans are offering excuses I would NEVER accept from any of my children, let alone from a professional athlete and Stanford University Graduate!! I won't be casting the first stone here, because I understand "the heat of the moment," and "letting emotions get the best of you," as much as anyone does. He's not a bad human being; rather, a very good football player making a very bad decision on national television.
So far in 20 days of 2014 I've worked out 15 days.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment