I've worked out hard 21 of 27 days this month. 4 of my 6 misses were designated rest days. I'm targeting 6 days per week. Almost every workout has been resistance training followed by cardio. I'm working out pretty hard (high intensity). I'm usually drenched in sweat by the time I finish. I've also been pretty disciplined with my eating- I'm eating under 2000 calories almost every day. I have cheated on some Fridays and Saturdays and I think pizza may be my Achilles heal!
So what have I learned in 4 weeks of this?
1) This is going to take time. My goal is fitness. No "fad diet" or workout plan is going to deliver fitness in 27 days. If it could be done in a month then everyone and their mom would be fit. No, like so many other important things, it takes effort, determination, and commitment to accomplish!
2) Progress isn't necessarily measured on a scale. I haven't lost more than a couple pounds. The scale reads about the same. This is disappointing sometimes, but I have to redefine what progress looks like for me. I CAN measure progress with my stopwatch (my runs are getting much faster and easier) and by my ability to lift more weight, for more repetitions (I'm getting stronger!). Do I look much different? Not yet. But I feel WAY different. When I put my hands on my hips I notice that my hips are little narrower. Some of my clothes are fitting a little differently. I think my body is moving the weight around.
3) Did I mention that I FEEL better? Not just emotionally. My body physically feels better. This seems directly related to my eating. When I eat good foods my body feels good. When I eat crappy foods my body feels crappy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Measure yourself!!! Every part of you. Write it down and measure again in a month. And take a picture!! (yes, wearing barely anything and not for showing anyone else) Putting on more muscle will weigh more so the scale will go up.
When I was getting healthy, I kept losing the battle mentally because I kept getting on the scale. Also had a doctor who kept looking at the scale number and telling me I was still fat. But!, I did take a picture and I measured myself. After almost 2 yrs I weighed 4 lbs MORE than when I started, but I had lost 28 inches throughout my body. Went down 3 sizes in clothes and looked great. But better than that I felt a so good. I was healthy, full of energy, and had a deep physical strength that I had never had before. It was no effort to go out and do something active.
I know I comment a lot and might be a little annoying with my opinions, but reading your perseverance really inspires and motivates me.
Thanks!!
Post a Comment