Sunday, April 18, 2010

Payday!

What a fantastic race- everything went according to plan.

I made it the 8.4 miles to the summit in 1:49. That was about where I'd hoped to be. I'd put myself into a position to approach 2:30 for the final time. I ran hard for the first 1.5 miles down the back side of the mountain. But the distance between mile 10-12 felt more like 10miles than 2. I felt my feet breaking down, my knees ached, and my calves were starting to cramp. It was hot. There's no way to train for heat in the absence of heat. It was 80 degrees and sunny all day. Three weeks ago I ran the same course in 6 inches of snow. Yesterday I incurred a sunburn.

I ended up at 2:42. Not a world class time, but still 20 minutes faster than my time on the same course last year! Next year I'm cracking 2:30. Anybody want to run it with me?

3 comments:

m c i l r o y f a m i l y said...

Congrats! That's a huge improvement! Just finishing a race like that is an accomplishment.

grammasnotes said...

Way to go, Jer!

Sarah said...

You're amazing Jeremy! Way to go!