Well, the next running event for me is the Sawtooth Relay. It consists of 6 people on a team running about 10 miles apiece. The miles are split into two legs per person, so I'm basically prepping to run 10K twice in one day. It's a really fun event. Joy and I are going to run it together along with some friends. We're pretty stoked. After that will be the Hood to Coast Relay. During HTC I'll run 3 10K's in about 30 hours, so Sawtooth is a good fit as far as training goes.
Aside from running alot, not much is new here. The kids are growing and developing faster and faster. Both boys are playing soccer now- so we're living hectic, at least through the end of May. Right around the time soccer ends our dear friends, Chad and Amanda Duerre (and their kids) will be leaving for a 2-year mission in Peru. I told Chad I was going to feature him on the blog as part of a long overdue "payback," I owe him.
Chad and Amanda are going to be missed here. I can't think of a couple I'd rather have representing in a foreign country. I think Joy and I have learned alot from them- and it's not like they have been "trying" to minister to us; rather, it just seems to happen naturally. They're going to Peru as part of the "Extreme Nazarene" project there. (If I could figure out how to do a link I would put one here). They'll be in a support role to other missionaries in the area. My theory is that they will be every bit the evangelists that other "preaching missionaries" are, if not more so, because of who they are and how they live. Actually, the way I see it, they'll be in the best position to share the gospel because they'll be doing it within the context of simply living. I think the best witnessing occurs this way- naturally. It tends to be the most genuine, heartfelt type of ministry. And I think Chad and Amanda were designed to do this type of work. But this is a "self-supported" endeavor. They are raising money to send themselves. Suffice it to say, if you are interested in providing support, they'd probably be interested in recieving it...
Now, Gentlemen, have you remembered mother's day approaching? Don't lose sight of it- those moms in your life deserve recognition...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment