Friday, January 4, 2013

Day 4

Today I ran a casual 5.7 miles. My friend Jeff. H. ran part of the run with me. It was NICE having some company today. A voice outside my head was a refreshing change of pace.

I ran my first few miles comfortably, then ran a mile at Jeff's pace, and then finished off with a bang- a 7:00 mile. I haven't run that fast in a long, long time. It felt good though. Striding out and blowing past the other runners a few times is something I could get used to!

I've run 17.8 miles in the past three days. That's about what a person runs during a 24-hour span in the Hood to Coast relay. But I don't remember feeling this sore after HTC. 1) During the HTC you are constantly stretching and getting up on your feet. During my work day I am parked in a leather office chair. And 2) I didn't run as fast during the HTC.

Spent lots of time today contemplating the institution of homosexual marriage. I have lots to say about this one- I'll save it for another time. It seems like social issues really occupy my mind during runs. I pray often, too.

Only 982.2 miles left until 2014!!!


1 comment:

mamalynn said...

You simply amaze me!