Monday, June 10, 2013

Day 161- 20 days from halfway

20 more days until the year is half over. I had a nice 8+ miler with Farmer Andy and another nearly-7 miles this morning with Travis the builder. I'm up to 452.24 on the year. The miles are piling up and my body is hanging tough.

Travis the builder is going to Ecuador to build a church late in 2014. I'm not much of a builder- in fact, I absolutely SUCK at doing any type of precise work. So usually I dismiss any possibility that I could be called to such a project. But this time I'm keeping an open mind. Travis told me that the actual construction is only a part of the trip and the rest of the trip involves relating to people and working with kids. That piqued my interest. Something to pray about, if nothing else.

Today feels heavy- I don't have much of a heart to be at work today. I am realizing that when I have amazing weekends (like the one I just had) it gets harder to transition back to work. Check this out:

Friday night: date night with Joy! We went to RAM and I ate way too much food. Then we went to Broadway in Boise's "Buddy Holly" at the Morrisson Center. It was pretty fantastic!

Saturday morning I got up and went to breakfast with a lost friend and my brother. We all reconnected and it was like we were all kids again. And I ate way too much food. Then we went to the REI yard sale. I love the REI yard sale. I bought a tent- an REI basecamp 6. I've been eying REI family camping tents for a long time now and I found an amazing deal.

After the yard sale I went home and did yardwork. Then I set up my wicked new tent. The sun was shining and it felt great. It happened to be "free fishing day" in Idaho so I took my boys to Lake Lowell and fished for a few hours. They didn't catch anything. I caught a mild sunburn.

After the fishing we went to my Dad's apartment for a BBQ and to go swimming in his pool. It was a nice end to the day. After lots of sun, and a couple of beers, I was crashed out early! What a day.

Sunday morning I got up and ran 8.05mi with Farmer Andy. We made decent time and averaged about 9:20's. I also bought some fresh rhubarb and picked it directly off the plant! Hopefully this week I will get my bake on!

Went to church- loved it. Went to small group- loved it. Crashed out early again.

Woke up and ran another 7 miles. Whew.

No comments: