Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Day 176

Today Travis the builder brought a tag-a-long to run: Wende the web designer! Fresh company is always appreciated out on the road. We ran 7+ miles and chatted about miscellaneous topics. I also ran in an old pair of running shoes- the Lunar Glide's (first edition). I have been running in Lunar Glide 3's. But I have been experiencing back pain after long runs and I noticed the 3's are totally worn down. They have over 500 miles on them now, and that's about the max for any runner (let alone a heavy runner like me).

So I have a conundrum on my hands. I am not ready to switch the minimalist shoes full-time yet. I'm trying to build up slowly to help my calves and feet grow accostumed. But I don't want to run in old shoes, either. You see where this is headed, don't you? NEW SHOES! I like having new running shoes. They feel like pillows under my feet.

Today I did some brief checking around at some local big box stores. I don't really have any extra money to burn and the running shops are pricey. Generally I know what like and what I don't. Now the trick is to find a pair that I can afford. The hunt is afoot! (pun intended).

I put in 100+ miles already this month. I really hope for triple digit miles in July and August.

I've been compiling ideas for a story I want to put on paper for my boys. It'll be an archetypical "search for the father," adventure tale involving a boy. I have some of the big plots twists developed. Now I just need to find the time to write.

Time time time. It always comes back to time, doesn't it? Maybe "time" is what distinguishes wannabes and posers from the authentic. If this is something that is important to me then I will make time. If I am not going to make time, perhaps I should just shut up about it?




No comments: